Monday, 28 January, 2019
Methods to Connect Your Laptop to Your Smart TV
Is smart TV too expensive? If you have a laptop, some cables and a TV with a video port, we will show you how to connect your laptop to your TV. This way, you can use your existing devices to assemble a smart TV.
You can connect your laptop to your TV using wired or wireless methods. The line connects the laptop to the TV via an HDMI or VGA cable, while the wireless method uses Chromecast, Apple TV or other screen mirroring methods.
Use a cable to connect your laptop to your TV
Before you can connect your laptop to the cable you need for your TV, you need to look at the ports available on your laptop and TV.
Step 1. The easiest wired option to connect your laptop to your TV is to use an HDMI cable. Many models or laptops come with an HDMI output port.
The connection is not complicated. Simply connect one end of the cable to the HDMI port on your laptop and connect the other end to the HDMI port on your TV.
1. Turn on your laptop and TV.
2. Connect the end of the HDMI cable to your TV and laptop.
3. Select the correct HDMI input on your TV (usually press the AV button on the TV remote).
4. If your laptop does not automatically output its screen to the TV, go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution and select TV in the Show drop-down box.
Step 2. Another wired option that uses VGA cable and 3.5mm audio cable. If your device does not have an HDMI port, the only reason you should use this method.
When using a cable connection, the latest version of Windows is automatically configured for optimal settings. However, sometimes you may need to manually select the correct settings in Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution.
Step 3. Connect the laptop to the TV using a USB to HDMI cable
The USB to HDMI adapter is very convenient when your computer is not the latest model and does not have other video interfaces.
- Turn on your laptop and TV.
- Connect the laptop to the USB cable and connect the USB cable to an available USB port on the USB to HDMI adapter.
- Connect the male end of the HDMI cable to the female port on the USB-HDMI adapter.
- Plug the free end of the HDMI cable into the free HDMI port on the back or side of the TV.
Use wireless Chromecast, Apple TV screen mirroring
Step 4. You can also mirror the display of your Android device to the Chromecast Streamer without Wi-Fi. Please open the Chromecast app on it (the Chromecast app is now called Google Home), click on the burger menu in the top left corner (this looks like three lines), click on Cast Screen / Audio, and select your Chromecast device.
Step 5. How to AirPlay video and mirror your device’s screen to Apple TV
1. Open the app and find the video you want to transfer AirPlay to your Apple TV.
2. In the Photos app, tap, and then tap AirPlay.
3. Select Apple TV. If you don’t see Apple TV, make sure your iOS device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV.
The above laptop mirror projection ways are already very complete, and there must be a way to help you. The most important point is to choose the most cost-effective way based on the tools we have.