Have a Question?
Wednesday, 9 October
How to create a Gmail or Google Account?
Google Account has gained popularity among valued users worldwide due to its unique features and simple usage methods. Google Account provides a way for a user to access Google products and services. With the help of a Google Account, the user may access YouTube, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google images, etc. Keep in mind that your Google Account password remains largely the same password you can use for other Google products like YouTube and Google.
The answer to how to create a Gmail or Google Account is very simple, and I also guide you with all the features associated with that account.
What are the benefits of a Google Account?
Google is the largest technology giant developing new products and services every day. Having Google or Gmail accounts will take a step closer to accessing all these great services.
Android OS — A widely used mobile operating system needs a Google Account to use the service seamlessly.
YouTube — The most popular video browsing sites need a Google Account that creates a channel and publishes a video.
Gmail — the most trusted mail service.
AdWords — a reputable advertising platform for creating, maintaining, and serving ads to publisher sites.
Chrome — A browser for all your needs with Google Account sign-in and sync to keep data distributed across multiple devices (mobile, tablet, desktop, and laptop.)
How to create a Google Account?
A Google Account is completely free and to create a new account all you need to do is provide some basic personal details which are required.
- Go to www.gmail.com and you’ll be redirected to the Google Account sign-in page.
- Click on the “More Options” link
- Select Google Login / Create Account
- Or you can directly visit the Gmail home page and click the Create Account button in the top left the bar.
- This will redirect you to the create account form page, where you need to fill in your basic details and also required to choose the unique email id end with @gmail.com mail ID option.
- Google Account Registration Form
- Enter the first and last name.
- Enter a unique username that you want to use for the account. You may need to add numbers or use a different name if the name you want is already in use.
- Enter and confirm the password you will use for the account.
- After providing all the necessary details you need to click the Next Step button at the bottom.
- Google will send you a security code through a text message on the registered phone number.
- Enter the code which you received on your registered mobile phone.
- This will take you to the mobile verification page, complete the verification process, and navigate to your Gmail inbox.
- Enter an alternate email address for backup (if you have one).
- Your inbox will contain 3 welcoming emails that attempt to complete all the steps listed but not mandatory.
- That’s all!
How to set up a new Google account on your phone:
If you’re already using an Android phone, the Google Account can easily be set up, find out how to set it up:
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down to Accounts.
3. Click Add Account, the plus sign icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Tap Google.
5. Click or create a new account.
6. Type the name associated with the account. Although you don’t have to use your real name, if this is your primary account, we recommend using your real name.
7. Click Next
8. Enter the date of birth associated with the account. Note: Users need to be at least 13 years old and in some countries the age limit is higher as per the requirements, but in order to use a Google Play credit card, the account holder must be 18 years old.
9. Gender selection, if you don’t want to identify you by your gender, you can decline the state. There is also a custom sex option for those who select outside the gender binary.
10. Click Next.
11. Type your user name. This username will become your Gmail address as well as how to sign in to Google.
12. Click Next.
13. If the desired username is taken, you will be asked to choose and give other suggestions. Either choose one of your suggested usernames or type a new one.
14. Click Next.
15. Type a new password for your account. The password must be at least eight characters long, but luckily, it is not required to have a number or special character, if you want to stick to simple old characters.
16. Retype the new password in the Confirm password box. You will be told how strong or weak your password is.
17. You will be asked to add a phone number. This phone number can be used to verify your identity, help sign into your account, and help people find you if they have your phone number. If you want to add a phone number, enter it.
18. Click Next to check your number or skip to skip putting a number in.
Your primary Google Account is now set up, and your username and password length will be displayed.