Have a Question?
Tuesday, 18 February
Do you see this message "Error retrieving information from server: DF-DFERH-01" while opening the play store app?
Many people receive this message when they open the app store app on their devices. Basically, a DF-DFERH-01 error occurs on a google account based on the student or employee. You get an "Error retrieving information from server [DF-DFERH-01]" because you are active in the university account. Before moving on to the solution, you should first know the reason for the DF-DFERH-01 error.
What causes the DF-DFERH-01 error
This "Error retrieving information from server" often occurs in some university-based accounts but there are some other reasons that can cause this problem as well.
- Your Google play cache and data are inconsistent with your Google account.
- Google Account does not have sufficient permission to access Google applications.
- You access Google play with a university account.
Fix Error Retrieving Information from server [DF-DFERH-01] in Play store
Here are some solutions to fix play store Error Retrieving Information from server DF-DFERH-01.
Solution 1: Clear data and cache in Google Play Store
This is the first and simple solution to this message "Error retrieving information from server [DF-DFERH-01]". The only thing you should do is clear the cache and data of the Google Play Store app to start a new session for your app.
- Go to Settings> Applications
- Then manage apps and find the Google play store
- Clear all cache and data memory
- Now go to the Play Store to see a DF-DFERH-01 error fixed or not. If not, then go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Change your Google University account
If you are a student using a college account and you also cannot access the play store, you must change your university account to a new google account.
But make sure if you do this method, you will lose all purchase history and all other important things. If you decide to remove your account, remove your account and create a new Google Account.
Solution 3: Activate Google Play in the administrative console
- This step is for students only If you have an administrator account, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the browser and search at https://admin.google.com.
- Click "Add Account" account
- Enter your login credentials on the login page
- On the Google Account sign-in page, you can view multiple accounts. Choose the account without the @ gmail.com extension and use it as an official account in the Google Play Store. You should ask someone who does not have it. Additionally, in the app option, you must launch Google Playbox.
- Upon successful completion, click the Google Apps button and choose the Google Play option to continue the process.
- Now, you can access google play store without any kind of error.
These are the three different types of solutions for fixing “Error retrieving information from server DF-DFERH-01” error. It is one of the most common bugs for some devices like Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S9, LG, and some others.
Remember, if your account is provided by your university or company, make sure that you agree with your actions with the IT department or administrator. If you get this error continuously then don't panic, just apply the above solutions. If you still can't fix this bug, you can let us know in the comments section and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.