Have a Question?
How to clear the cache on a Google Chrome browser to make it run more efficientlyHow to clear the cache on a Google Chrome browser to make it run more efficiently
Monday, 30 September
Cache is responsible for faster access to data if you are visiting a particular page randomly or frequently. But it’s good to clear the cache on Google Chrome for the efficient working of browser. But before deleting cache from your browser don’t forget to secure the downloaded content or username/password you have saved on your browser.
Steps to clear Google Chrome cache
· Visit Google Chrome in your system and click on the three-dotted icon in the upper right corner of the webpage.
· A drop-down menu will appear, scroll down and select More tools option.
· Then an alert will pop-up with several options and then hit on Clear browsing data.
· Further, you will get options and time slot regarding clear browsing data. Tap on Basic. In case if you want to wipe out Chrome’s website settings then switch to Advance option.
· Select the Time slab up to which you want to clear the cache this will basically delete all your cache files.
· Among the given three browsing history options click in Cached images and files checkbox.
· Uncheck all other options if you only want to clear the cached files.
· And if you want to wipe out Chrome’s website settings cache, tap on Cookies and other site data checkbox also.
· Then hit on CLEAR DATA tab in the bottom right corner of webpage.
· Once completed all your cached files and images, a cached version of all the webpages will be cleared.
· Visit Google Chrome in your device.
· Then click on three horizontal line icon in the top-right corner of the screen, a dropdown menu will pop-up.
· Further tap on History tab followed by Clear browsing data.
· Choose your desired time slab from the Time range dropdown menu and click on All-Time option. In iPhone, this alternative is default and cannot be altered.
· Then tap on Cached Images and Files checkbox alternative.
· If you want to remove browser’s cached website data, click on Cookies, Site, Data checkbox in iPhone and in android click on Cookies and site data checkbox.
· Further hit on Clear Browsing Data and in android click on CLEAR DATA to delete all the cache.
So basically these are the steps to clear Google Chrome cache. You can easily wipe out all the stored cache following these steps.