Have a Question?
How to unlock an iPhone for use on a new carrier
Monday, 30 September
Way to how to unlock an iPhone for use on a new carrier
Obviously, users are extremely happy with their current phone but not with the current network. It is a great boon that is it is legal to unlock their phone. According to the ‘Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act’, it is ok and legal to unlock your phone and switch to a new carrier. While, unlocking your phone is legal, but some restrictions, regarding its terms & conditions.
Steps to unlock iPhone: Just follow these instructions-
1. Firstly, contact your provider and request an unlock using the contact details and online tools listed below.
2. Then if you've not got the original SIM, you'll need to reset the phone before it can be unlocked.
3. Next, power down the phone,
4. Further, replace the old SIM card with a SIM from a different network.
5. Now, check that the iPhone is able to connect to another network.
Now, how to tell if the unlock worked or not:
1. When once your phone has been unlocked you will receive a confirmation from the carrier.
2. First of all, power down the phone: hold down the power button (or the power button and volume down, if it's an X-series iPhone) and swipe your finger across as directed.
3. Then, use the SIM card tool (or a straightened paper clip) to eject the SIM card holder from the side of the phone.
4. Next, remove the old SIM card from the cardholder and place your new SIM - from a different network - into the cardholder.
5. Now, reinsert the SIM card holder into the iPhone.
6. Finally, make a phone call, and check that the iPhone is able to connect over the new network. If so, it's unlocked!